Never Again has an impressive track record in its field. Our past programs have included:
• Student Delegations: Visits to Rwanda with participants from Great Britain, the
United States, Japan, Israel, Canada, Sweden, and the Netherlands.
• Rwanda Forum 2004: The major British commemoration of the 10th anniversary of
the Rwandan genocide at the Imperial War Museum in London.
• Rwanda Forum 2005: International youth conference in Kigali, Rwanda with participants
from Burundi, Canada, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Great Britain, Rwanda,
Sweden and the United States.
• Retreat at Lake Kivu: Retreat for British, Rwandan and Congolese young professionals
to explore current international relations and develop ideas to create change.
• Never Again Chapters: Grassroots peacebuilding efforts including theater workshops,
educational field trips and forums for debate.
• History, Memory, Hope: Article in The History Workshop Journal which discusses
the problems of defining and responding to genocide both in terms of international
prevention and, after the event, through commemoration.
• Youth and Reconciliation: National essay competition in Rwanda for secondary
school students exploring the history of the genocide and the role of youth in
reconciliation and development.
• Human Rights Learning Community: Workshops with American and Rwandan young human
rights activists in Kigali, organized in partnership with Global Youth Connect.
• Conversation with General Dallaire: Discussion with Canadian Senator General
Romeo Dallaire and invited guests in the British Houses of Parliament.
• Teaching about Conflict, Building Towards Peace: International multi-disciplinary
forum on education, conflict transformation and peacebuilding at Columbia University
in New York.